3⁄4 Cooked Quinoa (make ahead)
1⁄2 Medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
4 tsp flaxseed, sea salt and ground black pepper 1 large egg white
non stick cooking spray
3 cups fresh baby spinach
- Combine cooked quinoa, bell pepper, flaxseed, salt and pepper and egg in a medium bowl, mix well. Form into two balls. Place one ball in a 1 cup measure. Press into a patty using fingers or 1⁄2 cup measure. Turn 1 cup measure over to release patty. Repeat with other ball
- Heat medium skillet slightly coated with spray over medium heat.
- Place patties in skillet, cook for 2 minuets. Turn and cook for 2 minuets, or
until cooked through and light golden. Remove from skillet. Keep warm
- Add spinach to skillet, cook, stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes, or until wilted.
- Place spinach on a serving plate, top with patties.